Counseling for Anxiety
Are you feeling hooked by anxiety? Anxiety is something that all of us experience. While anxiety can be helpful at times, it can also be debilitating. At its worst, anxiety can make your life smaller and make things difficult to enjoy. The role that anxiety plays in our lives depends on how we relate to anxious thoughts, anxious feelings, and anxiety-provoking situations. At times anxiety can be like a runaway freight train.
Common ways anxiety shows up
- – Perfectionism and people pleasing
- – Feeling afraid or anxious in social situations and choosing to opt out
- – Sudden rushes of fear or discomfort with pronounced physical sensations
- – Excessive worry about a lot of things
What to expect in anxiety counseling
- A caring, friendly, and non-judgmental relationship with your therapist
- Learning new ways of responding to anxious thoughts, feelings, and situations that work to help you live the life you want.
- Relevant information about the science of anxiety to help you understand it and feel in control.
How we can help
We offer proven methods to help with a variety of anxiety concerns such as PTSD, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and body focused repetitive behaviors. If you don’t know exactly what kind of anxiety you are dealing with, that’s okay, we can figure it out together. Whether you are dealing with difficulty taming worries, pronounced physical signs of anxiety like a pounding heart, dizziness, or shortness of breath, or you find yourself avoiding people & situations, CBT counseling for anxiety can help.
If you or a loved one is struggling with anxiety, get in touch and take the first step towards regaining control.